July 1, 2015
BEVERLY HILLS, CA – What’s the best way to prepare for your porcelain veneers procedure? The most important preparation steps are:
Step 1: Understanding the purpose of veneers.
Discussing with your dentist the purpose of veneers, what problems they can correct, and how they are placed will help you determine exactly what the procedure entails and how your teeth will look afterwards.
Step 2: Being informed about the process.
Veneers are custom designed, which means that the process is completed by:
* taking impressions of your teeth to make sure veneers fit perfectly and look natural
* preparing teeth for veneer placement
* crafting temporary veneers to keep your smile in shape while your permanent veneers are being fabricated
* trying out the temporary veneers for several days before permanent veneers are employed
* Removing temporaries, cementing permanent veneers in place
Step 3: Allowing time for the procedure.
Three visits are usually required to create and finish porcelain veneers.
Step 4: Understanding how to care for veneers.
Patients should be informed about the proper care and maintenance of veneers after application and how long veneers usually last – around 10 years.
Reviewing these steps will help you thoroughly prepare for the placement of porcelain veneers.